The Best Gay Dating Apps in 2021
Gone are the days when you had to wade through the online dating world for gays, only to be met with disappointment and frustration. Today, dating apps have become extremely sophisticated, and these best gay dating apps all offer a fun experience with the promise of something more.
And the best news is, there are plenty of apps to choose from! With these gay dating apps, you don’t need to look for a partner somewhere else. There are even sugar daddy dating apps, where you can strike up suitable arrangements with attractive and successful men. Besides, the wide variety of gay dating apps also allow you to explore and see whether it suits your personal taste when it comes to men.
With all the best gay dating apps, the only problem you will have is trying to keep up with your exciting love life. Online dating can give you a memorable and once-in-a-lifetime experience — it is up to you to take the chance with these highly successful and safe gay dating apps.
Check out these best gay dating apps for a seamless and drama-free dating experience.
Gaystryst.com is one of the sweetest dating platforms intended to help gay men attain their romantic goals.
- 350,000 active members in the US
- Members are predominantly 25-34 years old
- Best for meeting new partners, casual dating, and fun hookups
Not only can desktop users have fun with this website, but Android and Apple users can also download it for free. You never have to worry about missing a message and a potential match.
What makes Gaystryst.com one-of-a-kind is its Flirtcast broadcast messaging. This is intended to assist you in covering almost all the bases with just one message.
For $37.50 per month, you have access to all the premium features to kick off your love life.
- Large and active database
- 3-day free trial period
- Not for single women since this is an all-gay exclusive community
- Not for serious and life-long commitments
Since 2009, Grindr has established itself as the largest all-male social network. If you’re looking for some gay flirting and fun, this is the website and app to be on.
- 3.6 million active users daily with members from 196 countries
- Perfect for the bisexual, gay, and bi-curious men
- Ideal for members looking for gay and couple relationships, casual hookups, spontaneous dating, and platonic friendships.
Grindr offers a discreet app icon that allows you to stay inconspicuous as you explore your sexuality. This is one of the platforms that also works as a great gay sugar daddy dating apps.
Want to explore the premium Grindr features? You can pay for Grindr XTRA at $24.99 per month or opt for $47.88 for the entire year. There’s also Grindr Unlimited that you can get for $49.99 for 1 month and $299.99 for a year.
- Promotes fun messaging courtesy of Gaymoji (More than 500 LGBTQ-themed stickers)
- Compatible for both Android and Apple users
- Not for men looking for their Prince Charming
- Some known glitches on the app
Since Scruff’s debut in 2010, this gay dating app has changed the LGBT dating world.
- 12 million users around the globe with members representing 180 countries
- Members are predominantly guys searching for a homosexual relationship
- Also ideal for gay members looking for friendships, hook-ups, and flings
One feature that makes Gruff unique is the Scruff Ventures. This initiative enables users who are planning to visit a new city or location to contact fellow members to know more about the area and possibly interact with the local members. That also makes it one of the best local gay dating apps.
Gruff offers paid membership that falls under the Scruff Pro category with the following pricing:
- 1-month: $14.99 per month
- 3-months: $13.33 per month
- 12-months: $10.00 per month
- Available for both Apple and Android users
- Integrated with forums and blogs for open discussions
- Uses artificial intelligence to match its members
- Members can volunteer to become their city’s ambassadors
- Free membership has tons of pop-ups and ads
- The app is known to crash regularly
Chappyapp is the ultimate space for gay connection.
- 440,000 members from the US alone
- Majority of members from the US and UK
- Members are looking for relationships than casual flings
- The age group of gay members is 18-34 years
This mobile-only dating app for Android and Apple users is your on-the-go dating platform. It offers a distinctive “Chappy Scale” through which you can like another user’s profile by sliding the scale to the right or judging it as “no thanks” by sliding it to the left.
- Completely free
- All features are just a single tap away
- Roulette-type matching
- Need to sync your Facebook account to register
Feeld is an ideal app for those wanting to explore their sexuality and discover the possibility of adventures with other members.
- More than 2 million members
- Hosts both gay and straight people, with 70% of the community being straight.
- Ideal for exploring your sexual fantasies
- Perfect for those looking for kink, swinging, and polyamorous sexual relationships
Free for Android and Apple users to download, Feeld is dependent on your Facebook account. The app encourages diversity and is one of the best Black gay dating apps.
You can upgrade your free Feeld membership to the Majestic membership for $15.99 for one month or opt for a three-month membership at $10.66 each month.
- Members can link their profiles with their partners
- Promotes anonymous interactions
- User-friendly and interactive design
- No desktop version
- Profiles are very general and vague
How do Gay Dating Apps Work?
Gay dating apps work like any other dating platform but with the primary purpose of catering to the needs of their gay members. While you may come across some straight users on these apps are straight, but 90% are gay.
You have to register first to become part of the community. Most free accounts allow you to create your profile and view other members’ profiles. But for you to make the most out of the dating apps, upgrading to a paid or premium membership is a must.
Once you are part of the community, you can check the profiles of the users that interest you by sending a wink, emoji, or a message. Once the other user reciprocates, let your conversations happen naturally and see where it leads.
Each dating app offers different methods of communication, with the typical chatting as a common denominator. Some also offer video calls and host forums where every member can participate.
Most of the best gay dating apps can be downloaded to your phone or tablet, making dating on the go easy and convenient for you. No longer going through the hassle of signing in to the website; simply whip out your phone and carry on the fun!
Grindr and Scruff can be the best options if you are looking for serious commitment and long-term relationships.
Chappy is a gay dating app that is entirely free.
Enjoy every conversation and always remain true to yourself and your sexuality.