Grindr review: Find all info about this site
- Members: 6 million
- Available : 196 countries
Grindr wouldn’t last this long and would not have won several awards if it is just one of those typical LGBTQ dating apps.
Its base product alone, sans the membership fee, can instantly connect you with other men in your area, and from there, you can enjoy hours of unlimited fun.
Any Grindr app review will tell you this app has become essential for most single gay men across the globe to meet other people who can share their passions and interests and have a good time without any baggage.
If you are a lonely gay or a bisexual man who wants to engage in some no-strings-attached hook-ups, then Grindr is your best friend.
This dating website is your personal connection to hooking up for some casual and naughty relationships. Grindr gay dating app is an easy-to-use and accessible platform that you can take advantage of for a weekend fling or two.
Check any Grindr app review, and you’ll see the app offers zero drama and complications, just like that spontaneous online adventure that it offers.
Facts and Figures of Grindr
One of the earliest established free gay dating sites, you’re sure to have an enjoyable time here engaging in casual conversations. To have more information about this dating website, here are some quick facts.
- Grindr was launched in 2009.
- As of 2021, the site has over 6 million users.
- 80% of the members of this dating app are men.
- 3.6 million men engage daily on this platform.
- Grindr is available in 196 countries.
- It has a Google Play rating of 3.5 and a 4.1-star review on the Apple Store.
- Grindr won the “Best Mobile Dating App” thrice at the iDate Awards.
- It was named the winner in TechCrunch’s 2011 Crunchies Award for Best Location Application.
- It is About.com’s Readers’ Choice Award for the Best Dating App category.
Pros and Cons
Pros / Cons
- Account setup is an easy process and can be completed in less than five minutes.
- With an active database, Grindr gives plenty of match possibilities.
- The profiles on Grindr encourage its users to be upfront about what they are looking for, so matchmaking is easier and more accurate.
- It is one of the free gay dating sites where you can have complete functionality in the free version in exchange for viewing ads. Rest assured that the ads, although unobtrusive, don’t pressure the members to become paid members.
- Possible matches are only displayed via geolocation.
- Members can’t search for matches themselves.
- Profiles aren’t too descriptive as compared to other free gay dating sites.
- Frequent bugs in Grindr’s app, specifically in the messaging system.
Everyone is invited to become part of Grindr’s growing community, but it is intended more toward gay singles looking for casual fun.
The user base is predominantly gay men looking for other men. Anybody who wants a digital wingman to help them meet new people and have casual hook-ups are very much welcome to this dating app.
Additionally, folks who like fast and a no-drama approach to add some excitement to their sex life would find Grindr the best place to check out.
Grindr most definitely is not for people who are looking for serious commitments and genuine romantic relationships.
Free vs Paid Features
Most members, according to any Grindr app review, are happy with their free memberships. They can take advantage of the functionality and services of Grindr without paying.
- Sign up and account creation
- Turning on location services
- Profile editing
- Photo upload
- Message other members and read the messages you receive
- Basic filtering capabilities
Grindr XTRA and Unlimited perks that you get on top of the free features:
- Zero ads
- See up to 600 to unlimited profiles at once
- View only members who are currently online
- Unlimited add to blocks and favourites list
- Access to all advanced filters
- Chat conveniently with Grindr’s saved phrases
- Send multiple images at once
- Have visibility on who viewed your profile in the last 24 hours
- Unsend sent messages and images
- Go incognito mode
- Visibility on other member’s typing status
An honest Grindr app review would tell you that communicating through Grindr is a lot of fun.
Sending and viewing your messages is straightforward. All members need to do is tap the chat bubble. If you see a red dot, it means that there is a message for you.
One of the plus points of Grindr is it allows you to set an expiration date for the photos that you send. Once expired, the photo will automatically be removed from your conversations.
But what sets Grindr apart from all the other free gay dating sites is you can unsend or delete messages and photos, not just from the conversation but from the entire history. This comes in very handy when you send something by mistake or would want to rephrase your statement.
With over 500 LGBTQ-themed stickers, you can have fun breaking the ice with these Gaymojis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Grindr strictly for gay men?
Grindr is open to all members regardless of sexual orientation and preference. But since this dating site is predominantly for men looking for casual relationships with other men, the other genders might not have as much fun or matches as the single gay members.
It is considered a male social network, but again, everybody is welcome. However, most of the Grindr app reviews would advise you, if you are not gay, to try other dating apps instead. Or, if you are looking for a serious life partner, better go for the traditional dating apps.
How many messages can I send for free on Grindr?
There are no limits regarding the number of messages that you can send and receive, even if you are not a paying member.
This is what makes Grindr one of the best go-to dating sites because you have almost 100% functionality and access to its basic features without any restrictions.