Best Black Gay Dating Apps in 2021
Both African-Americans and LGBTQ+ are minority communities, and Black gay men have an even smaller representation. Beauty, and more importantly, love, is not just skin deep.
If you’re interested in romantically pursuing Black gay men, it can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. Thankfully, today, online gay dating apps have made the process of finding that special someone easier.
However, with so many gay dating apps all claiming to stand for gender equality and inclusivity, it’s time for you to be choosy and not settle for gay dating platforms that are just empty promises.
You have to be part of a community that is transparent in how it functions and offers an app that can meet your expectations. One that fulfils its promise of helping you talk to, meet, and have fun with other members.
And it’s always a bonus if gay dating apps provide fun and unique ways of communicating with members. Chatting is fine, but video calling and engaging on forums and conferences are massive plus points as they offer more ways to interact with most members.
Remember, the best Black gay dating app is not just intended for Black people, gays, or singles. It should be a platform where everybody is welcome, regardless of colour, ethnicity, social background, or gender preference.
- More than 1 million members worldwide
- For singles looking to flirt, hookup, date, and have long term relationships with Black people
- Caucasians, Asians, and Latinos are welcome
- Visitors are mainly from the US, UK, and Australia
- More male users aged 25 and up
IWantBlacks is one of the few gay sugar daddy dating apps that doesn’t emphasize parental or marital status. It is a very inclusive community as long as you extend respect to all other members of the community.
Here are the plans and monthly costs to upgrade your account:
- 1 month – $41.40
- 3 months – $69.30
- 6 months – $111.60
- Has an integrated “Safe Mode” feature for added security
- The site has a friendly mobile version
- Minimal communication features
- No mobile app
- More than 200,000 active members
- Ideal for Black and foreign singles looking for cute dates, hot flirts, or even serious relationships
- Open to individuals of all races interested in dating Black people
- Predominantly has young males as members
Blackwink is the ultimate Black gay dating site to build a relationship or just to have fun. Everyone is welcome as long the two members are adults consenting to the activities they wish to engage in.
Though there is no mobile app, its mobile-responsive site can be accessed for free on any phone browser.
Free to create an account, it is still best to upgrade your account to enjoy more of Blackwink’s features.
- 1 day – $0.99
- 7 days – $7.00
- 1 month – $28.80
- 3 months – $48.60
- Promotes diversity and inclusivity
- Includes a fun chat function
- Plenty of fake profiles and bots
- No mobile app
- More than 8 million members
- Ideal for singles looking for serious relationships, including marriage
- Perfect for single males, women, and all other gender orientations
If video chatting is your preferred mode of communication, then Match.com is everything you need. Enjoy one of the dating app’s one-of-a-kind features called Real Talk that offers suggested conversation points and icebreakers you can use to avoid awkward delays in responses.
Upgrading your Match.com membership with their competitive prices:
- 1 month – $44.97
- 3 months – $68.94
- 6 months – $107.88
- You can send your profile to Match.com’s sister sites to reach a wider audience
- Proven track record of almost 20 years
- Has a downloadable free mobile app
- Plenty of fake profiles and bots
- Low ratio of female members
- More than 5 million users
- For successful singles and gays looking for equally driven partners
- The core audience is elite single professionals with up-and-coming careers
- More than 80% of its members hold a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degrees
- Ideal for those looking for serious relationships and deep commitments that can potentially lead to marriage
EliteSingles is one of the most sophisticated local gay dating apps where most members are educated. It has a Personality Profile feature that can tell you more about another member’s personality traits, making the matches more realistic.
Upgrade your membership with this price guide:
- 3 months – $104.85
- 6 months – $119.70
- 1 year – $215.40
- Available on Apple iOS and Android
- Makes use of “Big Five” personality Dimension Analysis
- Viewing images is not for free
- Expensive membership plans
- Has over 40 million members
- Perfect for gays looking for short-term casual hookups to serious relationships
- Recommended for singles wanting to date Black users
Compatible with Android and Apple users, Zoosk offers you international gay dating on the go. What makes this platform unique is it uses SmartPick Introductions via Behavior Matchmaking. There’s structure and methodology in place, not just plain matchmaking.
Here are the monthly membership fees to upgrade your account:
- 1 month – $29.99
- 3 months – $59.99
- 6 months – $74.99
- Matches based on personality test compatibility
- Profiles are duly validated
- Suspicious and fraud accounts are immediately suspended
- Customer service is unresponsive
How do Black gay dating apps work?
Despite the name, Black gay dating apps are not exclusive to Black people or for gay people.
These apps are open to all races, gender orientations, and preferences. There’s only one simple rule — all members should respect every person included in the dating community.
Like your typical dating apps, Black gay dating apps follow the same principle: you have to sign up for an account and create your profile. Some of these dating apps require intensive and detailed profile descriptions, while others settle for just a preview of you.
To upload pictures, you usually have to follow specific guidelines based on the dating app you are using and you can then explore the different member accounts.
If you find someone interesting, sending a message is easy. You can get a conversation going with a quick wave, a wink, or a fun message. Feel free to contact anyone you feel will be an excellent match for you.
Online apps like these allow you to be in control of what happens next. You can progress to some flirting or do some virtual dating until the time you both are ready to meet in person.
Look into Blackwink, Match.com, EliteSingles, and Zoosk if you are looking for a serious relationship.
Joining and creating your profile is usually free, but you need to upgrade to have full access to the features.
Mutual respect goes a long way. Just have fun and be clear about your expectations.