- Members: 20 million
- Daily Logins: 3 million
- Match.com exists: over 25 years
Match.com is one of the best-known and most established dating sites on the internet. Launched in 1995, it is a community where people can meet up and try to find love. Match.com is made for people of all sexual orientations and races. It is owned by Match.com, which is a subsidiary of InterActiveCorp. It prides itself on being one of the pioneers of online dating and being a community where people can meet and find love.
Facts and Figures of Match.com
Here are some of the interesting numbers that match.com has.
- com has over 20 million members from all around the world.
- It gets 3 million daily logins.
- Of the 20 million, 8 million of them have a premium subscription.
- com has been in the online dating scene for over 25 years.
Pros and Cons
Pros / Cons
- Match.com has been around for long and has a set of structures that are quite necessary but rare in other platforms. These pros include:
- Blogs and dating tips: match.com provides its users with a blog to give relationship advice and dating tips that you will find useful.
- The match.com app makes dating easy for users, as you can do it on the go.
- Large membership maximizes your chance of finding a partner because it is one of the most popular sites with the highest numbers of users.
- It has a video date, where you can video chat with the people you would have already started chatting with.
- The cons include the fact that consumers complain that the site misleads them by using old or fake profiles and promising chances of love they cannot deliver.
A look into the numbers of match.com shows us that it has one of the biggest online dating communities out there – it has over 20 million users. It, however, has both male and female members, and it is not only limited to gay online males. But a considerable number of gay males are available on the site.
Free vs. Paid Features
Match.com’s free services include free account registration. Users also get to set up their profiles for free. You can also browse on member search for free and play in the site’s matchmaking games. You can also view unlimited member profiles for free.
For the premium service, which goes for $14.99 or less, you get a wider range of user benefits, such as sending messages, using the matchphone, browse for other profiles invisibly, and get to use instant messenger. You also get to see who viewed your profile.
There are many membership plans and add ons you can choose, depending on the time and type of service you want. The match.com app has four different membership packages, but they cost more than the web version.
Making Contacts on match.com
Making contacts on match.com is easier with a premium subscription because only premium subscribers can send messages. Match.com also allows you to call the users you are in contact with through a number you are given by match.com. You can also make contact using the video date with users you have exchanged messages with. You can do this through both the web version and the match app.
Users have various choices and ways to make contact and eventually arrange for meetings with their potential partners.
How to become a match.com verified member?
You can not become a match.com verified member because match.com does not make any background checks on its users or takes its users’ personal information to ensure that users are verified.
How to be safe at match.com?
Match.com fares well when it comes to the security of its users. It encourages its users to use the match app and website with caution and alert. It supplements this with several security features to protect its members from being harmed or scammed. Match.com also provides a block and report button to users to ensure that they can be safe from abusive members or others with malicious intent. All of these buttons are made visible and within reach for the safety of its users.